For the salad:
|½ lb.||Shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|4 cups||Baby arugula|
|1||Mango, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1||Bosc pear, peeled and thinly sliced|
|2 tbsp.||Slivered almonds|
For the dressing:
|2 tsp.||Soy sauce|
|2 tbsp.||Rice vinegar|
|2 tbsp.||Oriental sesame oil|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|2 tsp.||Sesame seeds, lightly toasted and cooled|
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear scallops over medium-high heat (for about 2 minutes each side), remove from pan and set aside.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and sear over medium-high heat (2 minutes each side). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Toast sesame seeds then set aside.
- Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar. Whisk the oils in until it is emulsified, then stir in the sesame seeds.
- For each salad, arrange 2 cups arugula on a plate. Top each with half almonds, pear and mango slices, scallops and shrimp.
- Drizzle soy sauce vinaigrette over each salad and serve immediately.