|6||Gala apples (or another baking apple like Honeycrisp or Golden Delicious)|
|8 tbsp.||Brown sugar|
|1/2 cup||Chopped pecans|
|2/3 cup||Apple cider|
|1/2 cup||Maple syrup|
|Garnish||Star anise spice|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the top third of each apple and discard. Core each apple with a melon baller and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, raisins and pecans.
- Fill centre of apples evenly with the brown sugar mixture. Place apples upright baking dish. Combine apple cider and maple syrup, and pour over and around apples.
- Cover and bake (basting occasionally, if desired) until apples are tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and sprinkle with goat cheese, if desired.