Portions: 6 x 1 cup
|1 ½ cups||Leeks, chopped (white and light green parts only)|
|1||Yellow onion, finely chopped|
|2||Garlic cloves, minced|
|3 cups||Boiling potatoes, peeled and diced|
|1||Sprig of fresh thyme|
|¼ tsp.||Sea salt|
|½ tsp.||Black pepper|
|6 cups||Low-sodium chicken stock|
|1 cup||Half-and-half cream|
|6 cups||Condensed milk|
|6 cups||Ontario peameal bacon, cooked and diced|
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks, onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly until leeks and onions are translucent (about 4 minutes).
- In slow cooker, combine leek mixture, potatoes, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken stock. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and thyme sprig.
- Spoon out 1 cup potato chunks and set aside.
- Use an immersion blender to purée soup until smooth.
Stir in reserved potato chunks, cream, condensed milk and peameal bacon.
Recipe provided by Ontario Pork. For more great Ontario pork recipes, visit http://www.ontariopork.on.ca/recipes/.