Tender and juicy prime rib patties are complemented with peameal bacon, maple-glazed onions, grainy Dijonnaise and smoked Cheddar cheese to create a truly Canadian burger.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
|1/4 cup (60 mL/2 oz)||Vegetable oil|
|1/4 cup (60 mL/2 oz)||Butter|
|4 large||Red onions (3 lb), thickly sliced|
|2 tbsp (30 mL/0.3 oz)||Chopped fresh thyme leaves|
|4 cloves||Garlic, minced|
|1 tsp (5 mL) each||Kosher salt (0.3 oz) and pepper (0.1 oz)|
|1/4 cup (60 mL/2 oz)||Balsamic vinegar|
|2 tbsp (30 mL/1.5 oz)||Maple syrup|
|1 cup (250 mL/8 oz)||Mayonnaise|
|1 cup (250 mL/9 oz)||Grainy Dijon mustard|
|2 tbsp (30 mL 1 oz)||White vinegar|
|2 tsp (10 mL/0.2 oz)||Granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup (125 mL/1 oz)||Finely chopped chives|
|12 portions||Grille & Galley Gourmet™ 4 Oz. Prime Rib Beef Burger|
|24 slices ( 1 lb 8 oz)||Smoked cheddar cheese|
|12 thick-cut slices (1lb 8oz)||Peameal bacon|
|12||Crusty hamburger rolls, split|
|12||Red leaf lettuce leaves (2.4 oz)|
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions for 12 to 15 minutes or until softened. Add thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until very soft and golden brown.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in balsamic vinegar and maple syrup; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until almost completely evaporated. Let cool completely. Onions can be made up to 5 days in advance.
- Stir together mayonnaise, grainy mustard, vinegar and sugar until well combined; fold in chives. Sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Assembly (1 portion): Grill burger over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, or until well charred and just cooked through. Top with 2 slices of cheese; cook for 1 minute before removing from grill.
- Grill peameal bacon for 5 minutes, turning once, or until cooked through. Grill hamburger roll for about 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Spread 3 tbsp (45 mL) mayonnaise sauce over bottom half of toasted roll. Top with lettuce, slice of peameal bacon and burger. Spoon 1/4 cup (60 mL) onions over burger; cap with top half of roll.
- Serve with coated waffle-cut fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings or potato wedges.
- Drizzle with sriracha hot sauce for a spicy finish.
- Substitute double-smoked, thick-cut side bacon for peameal bacon if desired.
Per 1 burger (1/12 recipe)
Saturated Fat 22g
Trans Fat 1.5g
Exclusively available at Flanagan Foodservice, Grille & Galley Gourmet offers exceptional meat and seafood products including custom-cut solution to add a positive point of difference to your menu. Click here to learn more.
Looking for more great recipe ideas?
Download our free e-book with 46 recipes to feature on your menu or use as inspiration.